Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TL/RX karaoke - what should I sing??!!

I cant imagine anything in the world that I would love more than to sing karaoke with Ted Leo and the Pharmacists backing me, and tomorrow night, I may be able to live that dream. I say may, because while I am definitely attending the event, I cant count on getting a chance to sing. I really have no idea how they are going to select audience members. I guess I can do is get there on time and hope. Gotta get there on time for the open vodka bar (from 8-9) anyways.

Anyways, of the song choices (rest of the list below), here are the ones I am considering.

KELLEY CLARKSON - "Since You Been Gone" - this is one of my regulars... problem is that it a pretty tough song and usually requires some warm up. I worry it may not be a good idea to try to sing it cold.

YEAH YEAH YEAHS - "Maps" - This is another one of my regulars... problem with this one is that I dont really want to since such a "I am taking myself very seriously" song, particually a Yeah Yeah Yeahs song to an indie crowd. I really dont need to be judged like that.

BLONDIE - "Dreaming" - This is probably my best option since it seems pretty easy and fun... But i have never sung it before... Ahhhh! Is that really a good idea? I wish so badly it was "Call me" its def my best ever karaoke song.

Whats a girl to do?

Other songs that other people will sing:
OUTFIELD - "Your Love"
PRINCE - "Kiss"
THE WHO - "My Generation"
STOOGES - "Search And Destroy"
RAMONES - "Blitzkrieg Bop"
MISFITS - "Where Eagles Dare"
IDOL - "Dancin' With Myself"
AC/DC - "Dirty Deeds"
CURE - "Just Like Heaven"
CLASH - "Rock The Casbah"
BOWIE AND QUEEN - "Under Pressure"
JOY DIVISION - "Transmission"
SAINTS - "Stranded"
ARETHA FRANKLIN - "Respect"
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - "Dancin' In The Dark"
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN - "Born In The USA"
STIFF LITTLE FINGERS - "Suspect Device"
MINOR THREAT - "Minor Threat"
CREDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL - "Fortunate Son"
AMERIE - "One Thing"
STEELY DAN - "Reelin' in the Years"
SANTOGOLD - "L.E.S. Artistes"
THE KINGSMEN - "Louie Louie"

No comments: