Thursday, October 9, 2008

10/8 MGMT and Beck - Pictures and Video

The cool things is that the last NYC show to be added, ended up being first! So I got to see Beck and MGMT before all of the people that actually were on top of they shit and bought tickets early. Haha.

When we first got the tickets, I was actually more excited about MGMT than Beck because I have been listening to them more the past couple of months. But as soon as Beck started playing, I realized how crazy I was being. He really schooled them, putting on a show like really only an experienced rock master can. Also, there is just something really magical about seeing a musician who you have been a fan of for over 10 years. Listening to all of the songs can really take you back in time and remind you of what was going on in your life when all of the different albums came out. And remind you of how rare such a versatile and consistently good musician really is.

MGMT: They sounded great but until the last couple of songs, they lacked enthusiasm... Its almost as if Beck was like "listen bitches, ya'll are just here to open for me... so don't try anything crazy. You can hang up your sheet, and play your 10 songs, but don't get too excited". I think it must be harder to get into your show when you feel like they people are not there to see you. I was surprised at how many people in the crowd didn't even know MGMT. Almost nobody was standing up. It was sad. But they did really rock out towards the end. I look forward to seeing them when they are the headlining act.


Beck: I almost don't want to say too much, except for that it was one of the best shows I have ever seen. He played a great variety of all of his best stuff. He and the band sounded very well rehearsed and had a good energy. The female vocals were a pleasant addition, really adding a lot to all of the songs. And the visuals were beautiful, fitting perfectly with the music. It was just great. You have to see it.


Please don't judge the sound of the concert based on this crappy video taken with my little digital camera.

No comments: