Friday, February 6, 2009

running playlist

Its about an hour and a quarter of music. I have been working on it for a while. I am very picky about what I run to. I has to be upbeat, fun, and if there are any tempo changes, it has to be getting faster. I have been changing my shuffle for a while, but still, every time I would find myself skipping a good portion of the songs. Finally, I have come up with this list. Not to say I never skip, but in generally, I am excited each time the song changes.

In ABC order, but you are meant to shuffle:

Miracle Drug - A.C. Newman - 2:19
Call Me - Blondie - 3:32
Untrust Us - Crystal Castles - 3:07
Crimewave - Crystal Castles vs. Health - 4:18
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk - 3:44
Desperate Guys - The Faint - 3:07
Here Comes The Summer - The Fiery Furnaces - 3:30
Hounds Of Love - The Futureheads - 3:03 ***
Hands In The Air - Girl Talk - 4:20
Don't Stop - Girl Talk - 2:58
Hand Clap - Girl Talk - 1:54
Double Pump - Girl Talk - 1:46
What You Waiting For? - Gwen Stefani - 3:43 ***
C.Y.O.A. - Heartsrevolution - 3:58
Somebody Told Me - The Killers - 3:18
Paper Planes - M.I.A. - 3:24
Electric Feel - MGMT - 3:50
Here It Goes Again - Ok Go - 3:00 ***
Hey Ya! - OutKast - 3:55
Portions For Foxes - Rilo Kiley - 4:45
Back in Your Head - Tegan and Sara - 3:01
Dancer - Woodhands - 3:58
Gold Lion (Diplo Remix) - Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 4:05


*** BEST RUNNING SONGS EVER. They all build up over the course of song. Perfect finishing songs if you want to kick it in for the end.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awesome! It looks great! I need to look through my playlist and see if I have them all. I can't wait to start running with you again soon!

Anonymous said...

Hounds of Love used to be one of my favorite songs to listen to while running. Another one was The Explosion's "No Revolution".

rachel said...

I have to try adding that one to the playlist and see what I think. Thanks for the tip.