Thursday, August 28, 2008

craigslist - musicians

So I was looking through craislist for some people to play music with, when I came accross these back to back posts:

female musicians wanted $$ (brooklyn nyc)
Hey. Im 28 yo guy with talent and depth, looking for some hot females to play some music with.
What can I say, Id rather play with girls. There is potential financial compensation involved for your time if you are the right fit.

looking for hot female musicians (brooklyn) Hi. Looking for some girls to play some music with. Im 28 and have talent. get in touch.

A little bored, I could not resist responding. So I sent the following email:

Hot Female Musician you realize you post is a little sketchy, right? are you hot? what kind of talent do you have?

Then I got this essay of a reply:

yes of course. But I'm looking for people who aren't hung up and don't think it's that big of a deal. Cause it's not. It's just a Cl post ya know... Anyway, I am a pro musician with talent and experience looking to do something new. What is the harm in that??? It's not my fault that that there are weird dudes looking for girls on the internet. Tell me something new... I own a recording studio and have hosted and played with some pretty big bands before. I know what I want. I will find it. maybe I do have alot to offer... Maybe I am really hot and love getting girls. I am a man. I know what I can do and cant do. I am not jerk and not unattractive. I am actually a great catch. I am not afraid of offending anyone on craigslist. If you we afraid of my post and it offended you I am sorry, but don't be paranoid. If you play music and you're good then lets see if we can do anything. Aren't men and women supposed to be together and enjoy music together. What's so sketchy about that???

Because his email address included his name, I decided to do a google search, and came up with this:
I then spent about three hours decided whether or not I thought it was mean/unethical to post this all on my blog. I decided that if I didn't say his name, and didn't say anything aside from the facts, how could that be mean? Its not like he knows me and was sharing something personal that he wouldn't have responded to anyone who questioned his post. Maybe I am doing him a favor...

As you can see, the craigslist browsing wasn't so successful. The only response I got was from the one person that I knew I would play with. Next time I will try not to get so easily distracted...

No comments: