Monday, July 28, 2008

Awesome !!! show - 7/27/08

!!! has never been my first choice when I turn on my ipod, but I certainly enjoyed the show more than those of the bands that most often would be... if that sentence makes any sense. The show was very high energy (duh) and the band, as big as it is, was very tight. It is obvious that these guys really love performing.
I wish my shitty camera-phone could have captured this great ice cream T-shirt or, even better, the awesome dance moves going on, most of which really reminded me of a bird.
Of course, one of the best things about this show was the crowd. Pretty much everybody was dancing, getting nice and sweaty, and loving it. We got our fare share of attention too: lights, water throwing and spitting, genuine thanks for being so awesome, you know... etc. The only thing I will comment on was that, to my shock, after the most sincere encore request I have ever seen (over 5 minutes of full fledged yelling and chanting) we were completely denied.

I dont think this show will have much impact on the frequency of which I listen to !!!, but I will def be on the lookout for their next NYC show.


PS. Caught the last few songs of Modey Lemon. Its not really my thing, but they sure knew how to rock out. Of note, they would make a great shampoo commercial.
There hair has gotten even longer since this picture, but remains very well taken care of. I rarely saw faces and had never witnessed head banging like that before (wasn't going to shows in the 90's)

No comments: