Saturday, November 8, 2008

11/7 KnyfeHyts/TimesNewViking/Deerhunter drawings

I went to see Deerhunter with Knyfe Hyts and Times New Viking at the Music Hall of Williamsburg last night. I decided instead of taking pictures, I would do some interpretive drawings. It was quite a good brain exercise this morning, trying to remember the details. I went in the order of the show... so by the time I got to Deerhunter, I was getting kind of tired of doing the drawings. If you want me to draw a band, email me at beatsdontfailmenow@gmail.com These guys songs were pretty repetitive. But, there was definitely a hypnotic quality to the music. By the end of each song, I was pretty into it. It really gets you moving. I think it would be good walking around the city music.
I had seen these guys before at Siren. I like them. I have always been a fan of the guy/girl singing/screaming the same note sound. Same idea as late 90's Rainer Maria. Not as good though... (it would be hard to be).

Deerhunter were freaking awesome. I was actually really impressed with how good their live so is. They were really tight and just sounded great. Bradford's voice sounded SO GOOD. These guys are actually from Atlanta. I actually heard them for the first time off a CDR like ... 4 or 5 years ago, but its the first time I ever saw them live. I met Moses (drums) once when he was living with a couple of my friends... I think he had Salmonella... or something like that. Anyways, I cant wait for Microcastle to come out on vinyl.

No comments: