Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Smart enough for Pitchfork


So I was killing a few minutes at work with some internetting, when I can across a column on Pitchfork, Silent Party #5. Having only... a few minutes... I attempted to make it a quick read/skim. I think whatever Eric Harvey had to say was pretty interesting... but I am not sure because I didn't really understand most of it. Seriously, I felt like I needed to print it out and go at it with a highlighter. Who has time for that kind of leisure reading on a music blog? Half the time I get to the end of an album review on that site, I am not sure whether or not the reviewer actually liked the album or not. But honestly, I rarely ever get to the end of one of their reviews. Is it bad writing? Is it not meant to easy reading (they want us to take time and really think about all of the points they are making)? Or am I just not smart enough?

Trust me I am smart:

1. I am a scientist
2. I am good at searching the internet
3. I recycle
4. I understand sarcasm (>75% of the time)
5. I dont accept candy from strangers unless it is individually wrapped
6. I took Latin in high school
7. I play classical music
8. I am in 2 book clubs
9. I know that I should back up my files (I will do it soon)
10. I wear glasses

Really though, the column was entertaining and some good points were made. I think I am just bad at reading.

No comments: